Friday, October 28, 2011

One of the Best World Series Games Ever?

 I'd be hating life if it had been the Giants and not the Rangers who were twice within one strike away from winning their first World Series, but last night's game had to be one of the greatest World Series games ever. And I almost missed it! When the Rangers went up 7-4, I turned off the TV because I had to prepare for a presentation the next day, and there was no was the Rangers would blow that lead. Luckily, I changed my mind, and turned the TV back on.

It will be interesting to see if the Rangers can recover from such an emotional loss. Sometimes teams have; sometimes they haven't. The Giants weren't able to come back in 2002 after the Angels' Game 6 come-from-behind victory, but the Cincinnatti Reds did recover from Carlton Fisk's epic HR in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series. I do have to admit I'm puzzled why the Rangers' outfielders were playing so deep when Berkman was at the plate in the bottom of the 10th. If they had been playing normal depth, his game-tying single might have been caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment