Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Scofflaws and Carpool Lanes

Like most folks who live and drive in urban areas, I get a little bent out of shape when, during rush hour and the commute (carpool) lanes are in effect, cars with only one person, cut into the carpool lane and leave me far behind. Once I calm down, however, I remind myself that carpool scofflaws don't slow my commute down. They actually speed it up. When they choose to drive in the carpool lane, fewer cars are in my lanes, which means that my commute time drops. So, if they want to risk getting a exorbitant priced ticket, who am I to complain?

There are folks who do slow my commute down, however. These are the folks in cars with two or more individuals that, during rush hour, don't take advantage the carpool lane. When these law abiding citizens don't use the carpool lane, more cars are in my lanes and, as such, my commute slows down.

Just a little food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment