Well, this morning the "advertisement" to the right appeared on the walls at the Naval Postgraduate School -- "Free Compliment: Who Doesn't Need One." And this time when you tore off the stub, that is exactly what you got: a compliment. Mine? "What You Do Matters." Others included:
- Nice job today!
- You would look good in glasses or contacts.
- How great it is for you that I'm not intimidated by your brilliance.
- I would hold open the elevator doors open for you if they were closing.
- Your creativity knows no bounds.
- Have you lost weight?
- With your wit, I'm sure you could come up with better compliments than me.
- You deserve a promotion.
- Your opinions and contributions are valued.